Positive Ways to Remember Your Loved One
Create something to help you remember:
- Make a scrapbook of wonderful memories.
- Organize your photo albums.
- Make a list of the things you remember about your loved one: the way he laughed, her favorite sayings.
Express your feelings:
- Write a poem.
- Talk to your loved one or write a letter to him.
Do something life-affirming in his or her honor:
- Plant a tree or plant a garden of your loved one's favorite flowers.
- Organize a family gathering in celebration of her life.
Share memories of your loved one with others:
- Include his memory in holiday traditions.
- Share memories of her with younger friends and family.
Take comfort in your own memories of him or her:
- Watch his favorite movie.
- Listen to music that brings to mind times that you shared.
- Make a quilt from her favorite clothes.
- Celebrate your loved one's favorite tradition, or create a new tradition in his memory.
Remember your loved one in a spiritual place:
- Light a candle in her memory.
- Provide memorial flowers at your church or synagogue in his name.
- Next Section: Retirement